Fujifilm offering a lot of lenses in the portfolio, but a lot of lenses have a different diameter for filters and it’s highly probable that you buy lenses with different values. If you are a fan of lens filters then you may have the problem – you should buy filters for all kind of diameter for all lenses you own. Fortunately, there is a solution how to avoid it.
Solution – The biggest filter + ring filter adapter
- First what we should do is buy the biggest filter which we need, so it means to buy lens filter with diameter same as having the biggest lens you have.
- The second part of the solution is buying ring filter adapters for all diameters of lenses. Of course, you don’t need the adapter for the biggest diameter.
Imagine you have these lenses:
- Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS – diameter = 72mm
- Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS – diameter = 58mm
- Fujinon XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS – diameter = 62mm
As you can see in this case you need three different sizes of filter diameter. So you will need:
- Buy filter(s) with diameter 72mm
- Buy ring filter adapter from 58mm to 72mm
- Buy ring filter adapter from 62mm to 72mm
- you can save a lot of money
- you can save a place in your bag
- you can’t use a lens hood