In 2016 I completely switched from Canon gear to Fujifilm. The main reason was a size and weight of my previous equipment and I would like to show you, what was in my bag at the end of the year 2016.
I often travel with two Fujifilm cameras. First, smaller X100T is good for discovering new or more dangerous places and second camera X-T2 is a bigger especially with lenses, but provide me angle from ultra-wide (10mm) to telelens (200mm).
- Fujifilm X-T2 APS-C 24Mpix
- Fujifilm X100T APS-C 16Mpix with fixed prime 35mm lens
Because nowadays I am focused on landscape photography, I don’t need to have too much low aperture and more important for me is the opportunity to have the wide range of focal length.
This is the reason why I don’t have any prime lenses yet (with the exception on X100T). Despite this, all lenses have still low aperture particularly with regard to the size of lenses. As you can see all three lenses have optical stabilization, infinity aperture ring and aren’t waterproof (what is so pity).
- Fujinon XF10-24mmF4 R OIS
- Fujinon XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS
- Fujinon XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
One of Fujifilm lenses disadvantage is a size of a diameter which is different almost for all Fujifilm lenses. Fortunately, there is a way to work around that with filter adapters. More about this I describe in the article about filter adapters.
- 77mm Hoya ND8
- 72mm VF Foto ND1000
- 72mm VF Foto CPL II
- Filter Adapters: 58-72mm, 62-72mm, 72-77mm (different brands)
Tripod and other holders
A few years ago I bought one big Manfrotto tripod which is great for work in the atelier however, it is not useful for traveling. Hence I decided to buy the smaller one with the same brand. But sometimes this small tripod is still too big so I bought also some kind of clamp which is fine e.g. railing.
Hence I decided to buy the smaller one with the same brand. But sometimes this small tripod is still too big so I bought also some kind of clamp which is fine e.g. railing.
- Manfrotto BeFree BFRC4-BH Carbon – only about 1kg including ball head
- Metal Multiple Clamp
- DSTE Travel Charger (DC-K5) + micro USB cable
- Xiaomi 10400 mAh Power Bank
- 2x add-on batteries for X-T2 (NP-W126)
- 2x SD 32GB Sandisk + 1x SD 32GB Kingston
- JJC USB remote shutter
- Peak Design Slide Lite – camera strap
I am planning to write reviews about at least main items which I have so stay tuned.
I hope this article is helpful for you and I will be glad if you add your suggestion in comments below.